The Signature frame series has the following features;
- Stainless steel head lug. This is made individually for each frame. Starting by machining down stainless steel pipe to the correct gauges, the sections are then TIG welded together. The next step is to smooth the weld fillets and finally to cut the shape. The lug is left unpainted with a brushed/satin finish. The lug is joined to the frame using 56% silver. There is a choice of two lug designs: The Hermes and The Manhattan.
- Fillet brazing. The rest of the frame is fillet brazed using the very latest brazing rod, Fillet Pro. Fillet Pro was specifically designed for bicycle frames, has exceptionally high strength and a melting point well below 700°C allowing the tubing to retain all its original properties without the need for heat treatment.
- Stainless steel frame ends. The frame ends are again unique to Demon. Left unpainted to give the frame visual balance and also to prevent Q/Rs or track nuts from munching up the paint.
- Oversize steel tubing. Using only the best tube sets from Reynolds in larger oversize form creates a frame that is strong, light and stiff whilst still retaining the feel of steel. Customers have the choice of two tube sets; 953 and 853. Soon there will be a third choice of 931 which falls neatly in-between 953 and 853.
- The Signature Road Frameset. £2150 with 853 tubing. Upgrade to 953 for an extra £520. Choice of carbon or steel fork.
- 953 frames can be supplied in a brushed/satin finish (POA). Mirror finish is also possible but you will need to ask very nicely.